Sunday, November 21, 2004

On Love...

Yes, I cant seem to stop now that I have started on this new creation. I have had a special fondness for Khalil Gibran. Perhaps, it is because the first person to introduce me to Khalil Gibran was a very special friend and the association has remained with me over the years. At first, I was a reluctant admirer but now I am a follower- I wanted to put this verse down here because I would like to remember it. Love confounds me- why do we choose to love others with a passion and emotion that leaves us wide open to hurt and despair when they are taken away from us or they choose to walk away from us? I have never understood this slippery logic. Perhaps, deep down inside we are constantly searching for approval or perhaps, support and companionship.

And think not you can guide the course of love.For love, if it finds you worthy, shall guide your course.- Khalil Gibran on Love

No comments: